Monday 3 February 2014

Eternal Journey: A Dream Beyond a Dream

“A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.”

-Mignon McLaughlin



 As for me this quote is  so so true........ you can imagine to be with  a guy for as long as ten years and then having all the enthusiasm to get married to that same guy..takes a lot of courage ;)





My sister often used to  ask me...  " ei joker tar sathe biye kore khusi thakbi to?"(will you be happy with this joker!?) ......
 I used to nod  say no never i hate him.........but in my heart i always knew this was the guy for me....... a guy my sister looked upto as big brother ....my  ma and baba.... never said no to this relationship ......they knew he was an uncut diamond...... my  amma got a grandson in him......
 and for me i got a lifetime best friend in him....... the best gift god gave me!

 The other day i happened to bump with one of my school mate after a gap of  ten years.......(she is neither on Facebook nor on twitter) so no contact  at all.... ....she hugged me..... seeing the noa( the  iron wrapped in gold bangle a must for Bengali married women)  the usual questions popped ....how are you? when did you get married? whom did you get married? and all...... she was alone she asked  whether i am free to have a cup of coffee with her..... we sat in a coffee shop  in the mall we were both visiting..........we were talking about school days and how life treated us  till date....
Suddenly she said ..... " dekh   chleta toke sei kokhon theke jhari marche"......( see the guy  checking you out for such a long time)
 I turned back to see  ...... saw a guy in a white shirt and black trouser...starring at me with those puppy dog eyes.......awwww 
 She said : we are turning thirty this year and its nice that guys still check us out........giggles
 I said: hmmm  feels really nice( i was blushing)
 After that she asked: hey you were waiting for your husband nah? where is he...after seeing your husband.... this guy will be heart broken ......and chuckled...
  After a few moments the same guy who was checking me out was headed to our table......
 my friend  warned me: "dekh  amader table er dikei asche"( see the guy is heading to our table)
 As the guy came forward  he asked whether he can share the table i said yes......  and did see the alarmed look in my friends eyes.....( you got married  and its been just a year!! and whats all this?)
 after a few odd moments of silence....i said: hey  meet my husband..... hahahahah(laughs)
It was great to see  her reaction...shocked, amazed.....fully taken aback!
 life changes after marriage  ......for me too it did....from a good boy friend to a super great husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment